On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It’s funny, as well as quite informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I’m confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn’t own a Canadian.)
- mischievousmermaid reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- fox-no-socks reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- saudade44 reblogged this from faysbook
- extranjero likes this
- faysbook reblogged this from fattyforever
- casuallystandsonatree reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- dapper-punk reblogged this from fattyforever
- i-fucking reblogged this from delva-and-korea
- meth-ampheta-mine likes this
- delva-and-korea reblogged this from fattyforever
- delva-and-korea likes this
- warriorbones reblogged this from chubby-bunnies and added:
- crownoftears likes this
- crownoftears reblogged this from zartonym
- zartonym reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- actofhubris likes this
- lumieres-home likes this
- quecarito reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- quecarito likes this
- spoopyemma likes this
- bruin-the-bear reblogged this from chocolatechilipepper
- chiltrin likes this
- eninsevil reblogged this from lillycorvus
- c0untrygurl1993 likes this
- lemon-girl reblogged this from cyanhyena
- thecheshirekitteh likes this
- transienttako reblogged this from cyanhyena
- transienttako likes this
- roguerouge17 likes this
- chocolatechilipepper reblogged this from kaitou-xi
- chocolatechilipepper likes this
- kaitou-xi reblogged this from anotheralexandros
- visual--addiction likes this
- cometomemypet likes this
- lillycorvus reblogged this from thisveryirregularhead
- loud-mucker-complex reblogged this from roomno382
- hydram likes this
- screw-your-pass reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- bloodsuckingdragoncnt reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- blyndbanditt reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- blyndbanditt likes this
- invokingtheunclean likes this
- thegreatnipple likes this
- samanley reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- samanley likes this
- sexyawkwardfangirl reblogged this from fattyforever
- le-maurepas likes this
- funnywasteoftime reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- suspendedharmony reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- suspendedharmony likes this